July 30, 2004

Tom Ridge, wastrel.

Tom Ridge has announced that he may step down after the November election. (You know, when his boss will get defeated. Again.)

Why? According to the AP wire stories, "he needs to earn money in the private sector to put his teenage children through college."

Homeland Security Secretary pays 175,700 dollars a year.

As one faithful reader of The Malcontent put it:

Where the f**k are they going that you can't afford it on $175k a
year? Presumably his family did some financial planning?

Seriously though, I'm concerned that we have someone in charge of
keeping my ass safe from terrorists that couldn't even figure out how
to put away money for his children's education. He's had 18 years!
It's not like they popped out and said "Dude, I'm going to Harvard next
week."
Well said.

Seriously, Mr. Ridge, couldn't you have just used the tried and true "I need to spend more time with my family"?

(For those of you fortunate enough to live outside of the Capitol Beltway, "I need to spend more time with my family" is generally seen as high-ranking federal governmental appointee shorthand for "I need to quit because I suck at my job" or for "I made my boss mad, but he won't fire me, because that looks bad.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home